Last Updated on January 12, 2023 by Marsh Fasteners
Industrial fasteners refer to high-quality fasteners that are used in a variety of applications, ranging from the automobile industry to maritime and construction projects. People generally use the terms ‘industrial fasteners’ and ‘permanent fasteners’ interchangeably. Both refer to the fact that the fasteners need to be able to withstand a number of weather and chemical elements (and last for many years without needing replacements).
When it comes to fasteners, it’s important to understand the basics so that you know what type of industrial fastener to specify for your projects. The words ‘industrial screws’ and ‘industrial bolts’, for example, are also often used interchangeably. However, there are a few differences in these types of fasteners. A bolt is a fastener like a screw, but it is held in place either by a nut or a threaded hole on the other side of the bolt.
The most common types of industrial bolts include:
- Hex bolts, which are primarily used in machinery and construction;
- Leg bolts, which are large wood screws with hex heads that are used in wood construction and landscaping;
- Carriage bolts, which have smooth, rounded heads with a square section to pull deeply into a material to stop any spinning during installation;
- Eye bolts, which have a circular loop on one end so that a rope or chain can be attached to it;
- U-bolts, which are formed in a u shape and are used to affix piping or other objects to round surfaces; and
- Studs, which are bolts without ends and threaded on both ends.
Marsh Fasteners offers excellent pricing, service, and permanent fasteners products. As a wholesale supplier of bulk sales for stainless steel, bronze, brass, aluminum, nylon and hot dip galvanized fasteners, chemical fasteners and tools, you can rest assured that you are getting the best price for your permanent fasteners with us. Contact Marsh Fasteners for more information today.