Last Updated on October 12, 2022 by Marsh Fasteners
When shopping around for the best hidden deck fastener system, you will be overwhelmed by the options on the market. Most fasteners are designed for specific functionality which means that they are purposed for use on wood or decking materials such as composite and grooved boards. To make sure that you choose the best concealed deck fasteners, consider just how hard the wood or deck is and whether the side profile of each panel is grooved or not.
Remember that hidden fastener systems are not as secure as top down screws and while there may be some movement expected over time, there’s no need to worry – your deck will be just fine. Consider using a small amount of adhesive between joints and boards for better stability of the deck.
If you are fastening un-grooved boards, consider a tiger claw type fastener. The fastener is designed to pierce the side of the board and a screw goes through the centre of the fastener. If you’re working with grooved boards, there are various options to choose from with deck clips, Ipe clips, lumber locs and deck ties.
At Marsh Fasteners we strongly suggest that you consider the CAMO hidden deck fastening system as it’s easy to use, flexible and affordable. The system is designed to directly attach to a deck’s substructure of wood, composite or PVC. All CAMO deck screws are provided with a limited lifetime warranty too.
Benefits of a Hidden Deck Fastening System
Why should you consider a hidden deck fastening system in the first place? Here are the five main benefits you will get from a hidden deck fastening system.
- Greater durability: When fasteners are exposed to the elements they corrode more quickly. Screws and nails that are not hidden will start to show signs of rust and will eventually weaken and need to be replaced in order to maintain the stability of your deck.
- Smooth finish: One of the biggest attractions of hidden deck fasteners is that they don’t stand out above the surface of the wood. You get a smooth finish that walk on without any fear of stepping on the heads of nails or screws.
- Wooden flooring aesthetic: When most people think of wooden decks, they imagine a floor studded with nails or screws. A hidden fastener system eliminates that completely, and gives you a sleek wooden floor aesthetic that can perfectly match the wooden flooring on the interior of your home.
- Improved safety: The absence of nails and screws that could come loose and cause injuries, makes hidden deck fastening systems much safer for children and pets.
- Easy installation: Hidden deck fastener systems, like the CAMO system, are extremely easy to install. Installing decks the traditional way, with plenty of screws or nails, is a time-consuming task. Maintaining these decks once they are installed can also be onerous. Hidden fastener systems also take time - but not as much as the alternative. They are also much easier to maintain once they are installed.
Get best quality deck fasteners at Marsh Fasteners
At Marsh Fasteners we believe that it’s highly possible to achieve a sleek no-nails or no-screws decking surface by choosing the best hidden deck fastener system for your deck and we believe that system is the CAMO hidden deck fastening system.
For more information and advice on this hidden deck fastener system or to chat to a consultant, contact us via email or telephone at Marsh Fasteners today.