Dacrotized screws and stainless steel fasteners provide many benefits to projects. A dacrotized screw is a little different from stainless steel as it is made from zinc and aluminum coating. Both fasteners however provide excellent corrosion resistance. Here is a quick guide to dacrotized screws.
Benefits of a dacrotized screw
- Provides resistance to rust
- Excellent for use in harsh environments
- Can be used for even the most demanding applications
- dacrotized screws provide aesthetic appeal as it has a smoother look than regular screws.
- It has a “self-repair” coating, which means that some minor damage to the coating can heal.
- Prevents corrosion of applications and surrounding structures
- Suitable for wetter environments
- A dacrotized screw works well for environments that are exposed to water and other liquids. It is also suitable for colder climates.
- Can be used to extend or maintain wood and lumber
- Automobile manufacturing
- Any industry that works with harsh elements
Dacrotized screw vs stainless steel screw
Stainless steel and dacrotized screws are quite similar, however have slight differences. Stainless steel is popular as it provides the best protection against corrosion and rust. Stainless steel fasteners offer durability although they can be quite pricey - which is undoubtedly worth it considering the longevity of steel.
Dacrotized screws are made from a dacromet coating that is less expensive than metal. These screws offer corrosion protection at an affordable price, however, they may not be suitable for all projects. You, therefore, need to speak to an expert before starting a project to ensure you receive the best fastener for the job.
Where to find the best dacrotized screw for the job
When you are looking for a dacrotized screw, you need to know you are choosing only the best for your project to ensure corrosion protection. At MarshFasteners we offer dacrotized screws and stainless steel screws to make any project successful. Our product lines include all the standard stainless steel fasteners, as well as a huge inventory of specialty items.