If you’re working with stainless steel bolts on a regular basis, chances are that you are going to want to invest in the strongest possible option. Value for money is important when it comes to buying fasteners and only the best quality will do. In many instances, fine thread bolts are stronger than coarse thread bolts. This can be seen in terms of tension as a result of a larger stress area as well as the shear as a result of the larger minor diameter. It must be said that there are pros and cons to both types of bolts. Let’s take a look at a few more of the benefits of choosing fine thread bolts over coarse thread bolts:
- Fine threads won’t loosen as a result of the smaller thread include and off torque.
- With fine thread bolts, finer adjustments are made possible as a result of the small pitch.
- Fine thread bolts are tapped into hard materials with greater ease.
- Less torque is required to develop equivalent bolt preloads.
This doesn’t mean that coarse thread bolts aren’t of value to your applications that need fastening. Let’s take a look at the positives of coarse thread bolts:
- Coarse thread bolts are more susceptible to galling.
- Coarse thread bolts aren’t prone to seizing during tightening and are therefore more suited to high speed assembly than fine thread bolts.
Buy best quality fasteners at Marsh Fasteners
At Marsh Fasteners we stock a wide range of fine thread bolts and coarse thread bolts. Our bolt range is manufactured from stainless steel. Our stainless steel bolts are considered some of the finest quality in the industry and we certainly have an extensive range for you to choose from.
For more information and advice on our threaded bolts, contact us via email or telephone at Marsh Fasteners today.